Recipe Low Carb Tuscan Spaghetti
Why I chose this recipe:
I have a weakness for all things pasta! This recipe is filled with fresh ingredients with a zesty tomato sauce that will please everyone. It’s a pretty dish that can easily be made for your family or a large crowd.
For the Pasta Dish:
- 1 package of P2 Eat Smart Shredded Spaghetti 500g
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into cubes
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp parsley, freshly chopper
- Zest of one lemon (for garnish and tomato sauce)
For the Tomato Sauce:
- 1/2 can (14 oz total) of whole San Marzano Tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt½ tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cooked chicken until cooked throughout, set aside.
- Add grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes and garlic into same skillet. You may want to add a drizzle of olive oil if pan seems to dry. Cook until tomatoes start to blister.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable stock and corn starch, until smooth. Then add to the skillet and stir.
- Quickly add the tomato sauce to the skillet, stir and allow to simmer. Sauce will thicken slightly. About 8-10 mins.
- Add the cooked chicken and cooked pasta to the skillet and toss well, coating each noodle.
- Add the basil and Parmesan, gently stir to combine. Top with feta, parsley and remaining lemon zest.
Per portion (375g)